What are fixed codes?
In order to enable companies who do not yet have devices which display the ParcelHome delivery codes, we have released the ParcelHome 3 Fixed Codes System.
Setting up ParcelHome 3 Fixed codes
Setting up the app
Please download the latest version of the myParcelHome app from the App Store or the Play Store.
In the ParcelHome app press ‘+’ to add a new code and determine the levels of rights:
- To allow deliveries at any time
- To allow deliveries only when the box has no prior deliveries (preferred)
- To allow a one-time access
Synchronising the code
Following the obtention of the code online, you need to connect to your box by Bluetooth to ensure that the authorisations are up to date.
Informing websites (click to expand)
Note: Your delivery preferences need to be changed on the merchants’ websites to come into effect.
For Bpost, you can choose for all your packages to be delivered in your ParcelHome. Please follow the procedure:
- Edit your bpost preferences.
- Create an account or edit your account. and fill in your address.
- Choose delivery in a safe place as your delivery preference.
- Fill in comment: “Use ParcelHome Box Code [xxxxxx]” where xxxxxx is the code you want to use with Bpost.
- Upload a picture of your box.
- In order for UPS to drop-off the items in the box, UPS requires that the Name of the Recipient be written on or close to the ParcelHome box. Please add a sticker if necessary.
- When checking out, include the text in the description: “Deliver in Parcelhome box code #xxxxxx.”
In your saved delivery preferences Enter the preference “Use ParcelHome Box Code [yyyyyy]” where yyyyyy is the code you want to use for this website.
If there is no option for delivery preferences, please type “Code: zzzzzz” after your name in your address preference, where zzzzzz is the code you to use for this website.
Advice on use of codes
To ensure safety of the contents of the box, we recommend that you use a variety of codes for the ParcelHome box and change them occasionally in the box and the website.