CAUTION: Incorrect battery connections may damage your ParcelHome electronics permanently. Only use the prescribed batteries to avoid damage to your ParcelHome electronics. Please follow these instructions carefully.
- A 6V 4Ah AGM lead-acid battery (We recommend Yuasa NP4-6 models)
- A phone that can connect to the ParcelHome box
- A Phillips (cruciform) hand screwdriver (Avoid using an electric screwdriver as it may damage the heads)
- A 7mm hex spanner or box spanner
Step 1: Unplug the battery
- Open the box
- Unscrew the 4 screws of the plastic bottom part (load cell table)
- Remove the plastic support by lifting the front and then sliding it out.
- The batteries can be found on the right-hand side of the box. Unscrew the screw that holds the battery holder.
- Remove the top battery connector by gently pulling the connector off while holding it. Do not pull out the connectors by pulling the cables as it may damage the cables.
- Remove the bottom battery connector by gently pulling the connector off while holding it. Do not pull out the connectors by pulling the cables as it may damage the cables.
Step 2: Remove the battery and replace it with the new battery
- Unscrew the nut (7mm) of the battery holder to loosen its grip.
- Push the battery to the left to slide it out of its holder. Note, your battery may not be the same colour as the illustration.
- Rotate the battery under the load cell structure until the battery is out of its holder.
- You can now safely remove the battery. The batteries supplied should be disposed of at the recycling centre as they contain lead which is highly recyclable.
Step 3: Place the new battery
* Caution: To avoid damage to your ParcelHome, follow these instructions carefully.
- In order to avoid any risk to the electronics, we suggest remembering “bottom- black” as this will be the way to avoid wrong wiring.
- Place the battery in the box next to the battery holder, with the black polarity on the bottom. The printing should be on top.
- Slide the battery underneath and into the battery holder in reverse order from steps 2.
Step 4: Connect the battery
- Take the black wire and gently connect it to the bottom tab of the battery.
- Take the red wire and gently connect it to the top tab of the battery.
- If your box is switched on and not plugged in, the electronic card to the left should emit a gentle blue light after a few seconds.
Step 5: Test, place and closing
- Before closing, wait 50 seconds for the box to power up and attempt to connect to your box by Bluetooth or open with a fixed code.
- Place back the bottom plastic part into the box and screw it back into place.
- You can now close the ParcelHome 3 unit.
If you have any issues with the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.