Create different codes and communicate them to the carriers
1) Create codes in the myParcelHome app
Go into the app & create codes
Select ‘Handle fixed codes’ in the app and press +. You can choose from 3 types of codes:
- Open if empty: can only deliver if the box has been emptied by you before. This means that a person cannot deliver if there is already an item in it.
- Always open: can always open, even if someone has previously delivered (recommended)
- Open and destroy: code can be used once
Synchronize the generated codes
Go to the box (make sure you’re connected to Bluetooth) and sync the codes by pressing the sync button or the circular arrows in the top right corner. The codes must have a green dot.
2) Inform the carriers
The couriers should know that you want your parcels delivered in your ParcelHome 3. The different carriers offer a form that you only need to fill in once, in which you give your permission. Below you will find the guidelines per courier service.
We recommend using the following message:
Deliver in the ParcelHome (letterbox package) with code xxxxxx
- Request a drop consent form in the DPD app
- Fill in the form
- Send the form to the DPD depot in your area or hand it over to the courier on the next delivery
- Go to https://gls-group.eu/BE/vl/volmacht
- Download the power of attorney and fill in
- Send the completed form to your GLS depot (you can find it for your region on the GLS website) or hand it over to the courier on the next delivery
- Regarding FedEx, it is best to communicate delivery preferences to the webshop you order from
- Or call / email FedEx so they can make a note for their courier on the tracking number of your package