Installation is possible on any ground surface or wall. You only need to consider accessibility, light and the size of the surface or wall.
- The box should usually be visible from the street, so that couriers can find it quickly.
- The ParcelHome 3 is charged by solar power. Only the top screen requires sunlight for the box to work. The box does not need direct sunlight, but must be placed in an area where it is regularly exposed to the sky and daylight. If such a place is not available, it is likely that the box will work in shaded areas, however, we recommend that you try to find one of the most open areas around your home. We recommend places where plants grow well.
Places to avoid
- Areas where the ParcelHome would get in the way of pedestrians
- Indoor or roofed areas (e.g. inside a shed or an open shed)
- Places that are susceptible to damp
- Places where moss grows (close to the top part of the box)
- Places where a lot of leaves fall
Size and type of surface/wall
- The ParcelHome 3 must be installed on a wall at least 12cm from the ground and up to 45 cm. It will cover a surface of 90cmx50cm wide. There are 4 holes that will be drilled into the wall of +-14 mm diameter and +-7 cm deep.
- You need a patch of soil where you can dig. Dense soil is preferred to insert the anchor. In case of soft soil, the anchor should be used in combination with fast concrete. Make sure there are no pipes or electrical cables. Alternatively, the box can be drilled into concrete, meaning that the anchor is not required.
Do you have additional questions or do you need support? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.